Tata Communications leverages the Tata Global Network to deliver value-driven integrated solutions to consumers worldwide
Tata Communications is a leading global provider of telecommunication solutions, serving the voice, data and next-generation service needs of carriers, enterprises and consumers across the world.
Earlier known as Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL), the company became a part of the Tata group in 2002. In 2008, VSNL, VSNL International, Teleglobe, Tata Indicom Enterprise Business Unit, VGSL and CIPRIS were brought under one global brand name – Tata Communications. The company is now the number one global international wholesale voice operator and India's largest provider of international long distance, enterprise data and internet services in India.
Tata’s global network spans five continents and comprises major ownership in over 200,000km of territorial network fiber and subsea cable capacity. The company has a trans-Atlantic and trans-Pacific data transfer capacity of 1 trillion bits per second, a global MPLS network and the world’s largest VoIP network.
Tata Communications was named Best Wholesale Carrier at the World Communications Awards in 2006 and Best Pan-Asian Wholesale Provider at the 2006 and 2007 Global Wholesale Telecommunications Awards. It is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Tata Communications is a partner of the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), the pre-eminent industry organization dedicated to facilitating the adoption of Ethernet networks and services.
Areas of business
The company extends its global reach to over 200 countries and territories with more than 300 PoPs and more than one million square feet data center space worldwide. Its portfolio covers:
- Global voice solutions: Carrying over 20 billion minutes of traffic annually, the company's customer base includes over 1,500 carriers, mobile operators and ISPs. It provides value-added services such as international toll free calls and account calling in addition to domestic and international long distance calls. Services include:
- Voice termination services
- Mobile Direct
- Global calling cards
- Global data solutions: The company serves the connectivity needs of global enterprises and service providers with solutions such as virtual private networks, global Ethernet, managed data network services, leased lines, etc. The company also offers customized industry specific solutions and is the leading provider of bandwidth and IP connectivity. Services include:
- Global transmission services
- Global IP and VPN services
- Managed services
- Mobility services
- Transformation services